The Dementia Action Program in Kecskemét marks the first city wide program in Hungary that improves the life quality and opportunities of people and families living with dementia. It also provides a step forward to introduce health technology and assisted living to support people living home.
In cooperation with the Municipal Social Care System of Kecskemét and Progress Consult Ltd.
The objectives of the program:
- Provide a more precise overview of how many people are diagnosed and in which types of dementia in order to target the support and use of municipal resources.
- Provide an accurate picture of the families and relatives affected by dementia.
- Raise awareness on healthy and preventive measures for citizens over the age of 65 and how their active involvement can make a difference.
- Provide targeted support to citizens diagnosed with dementia, and to their relatives and to raise awareness of the consequences of the diagnosis and on what support they can use to plan a conscious coexistence with dementia.
- Support municipal home caregivers to recognise the symptoms of dementia and have awareness on early symptoms, care strategies and empowerment of families!
- Support relatives to organise self-help groups (so called Ginko Clubs) to be able to receive support for the newly diagnosed patients.
- Introduce digital solutions for living home, and to help families and caregivers involved use technology actively while supporting people with dementia.